I have a new pattern for you today — meet the Kara Quilt! This is a really fun, quick pattern that is great for beginners or anyone looking for a fat quarter friendly project.
This pattern is named after my sister. Well one of my sisters — I have 3! And Kara is the last one to get a pattern named after her. My other sisters are Carly and Kelly (yes, everyone has a "C" or a "K" name except for me, my brother's name is Chase).
|(Kara is on the left, I'm holding my brother Chase on the right)|
I have tried to name other patterns after Kara, but none of them felt right until this one. Let me tell you a little about this pattern:
- The pattern has instructions for baby, lap, twin, queen, AND king sizes.
- It is fat quarter friendly. Yay!
- The parallelogram shapes are nice and big for showing off your favorite fabrics.
- The pattern comes together quickly.
- This quilt is great stashbuster — two of the samples that I made for this pattern (that I will share later this week) used leftovers from previous projects. It's so satisfying to find the right project for them!